Veterans Facing Problems with For-Profit Schools: We Can Help.

Bryan Babcock

Bryan Babcock, a 2013 Veterans Student Loan Relief Fund grant recipient, in Iraq.

We offer free help and assistance to veterans or active duty service members who feel they have been misled or defrauded by a for-profit university.


“I specifically asked ITT Tech before signing up whether their degree was the same as any other public 4-year university and was told YES. I found out while applying at NYPD, LAPD, Seattle PD and 23 other police departments that NONE of them accepted ITT Tech credits.”

Marine Specialist Bryan Babcock

“When I attempted to transfer my units from Brown Mackie to Pasadena City College in California, I found out that none of my units transferred because they didn’t have the right level of accreditation…. I have a debt with nothing to show for it and am struggling to stay afloat.”

– Marine Corporal Anselm Caddell

“I went into the military so I wouldn’t have college debt, but DeVry [signed me up for a $15,000 loan without my knowledge.]”

– Jonathan Ngowaki, Marine Corps radio operator in Afghanistan

“There are some bad actors out there. They’ll say you don’t have to pay a dime for your degree but, once you register, they’ll suddenly make you sign up for a high interest student loan. They’ll say that if you transfer schools, you can transfer credits. But when you try to actually do that, you suddenly find out that you can’t. They’ll say they’ve got a job placement program when, in fact, they don’t. They’re trying to swindle and hoodwink you. They don’t care about you; they care about the cash.”

– President Barack Obama, signing Executive Order 13607

If you’re a veteran or active-duty member of the military and currently enrolled in a for-profit school or have been enrolled during the past 5 years, you (or a qualifying family member) may be eligible to receive help to repay your educational loans. 

Please complete this form to get started.

By submitting this form, you agree that your contact information may be shared with federal and/or state government agencies willing to act on your behalf to help recoup your losses.